The sweet-and-sour Gimlet was historically made with lime cordial, but has been transformed into a cocktail that tastes even better with freshly squeezed lime juice.
50ml Mirari Blue Gin
50ml lime juice (freshly squeezed)
25ml simple syrup
Berries to garnish
- Combine the gin, lime juice and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker.
- Top the shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with berries.
To make the simple syrup: Combine equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan. Warm over medium heat, whisking occasionally, just until the sugar has melted into the water. Remove from heat. Allow to cool. Store in fridge for up to 4 weeks.
- You can use any of our gins if our Blue isn't within reach.
- For a variation, you can serve the drink over ice.
- If you don't have a cocktail shaker, you can use a jam jar with a lid.